Houdini Men's Daybreak Shorts
Light and tough outdoor shorts for big adventures or everyday use. The stretchy ripstop fabric is perfect for activities like climbing, hiking or biking.
Versatile outdoor shorts that combine comfort and toughness. Daybreak Shorts are stretchy and light, but also very durable. The garment will keep you company for years of hiking, climbing or mountain biking.
The Houdini design department puts a strong emphasis on creating products that deliver that extra feeling of comfort. Daybreak Shorts are in a sense classic heavy duty outdoor shorts, just a little less heavy. They have the same durability and sturdy design features, but are much lighter and softer.
The light and stretchy fabric, Prime Ripstop™ plays a big part in the added feeling of comfort. It’s a fully recyclable polyester ripstop that is made from 38% recycled fabrics. The fabric is very durable and will last many years of hard use. The shorts have an open back pocket and two zippered side pockets.
If you are looking for a pair of tough outdoor shorts for everything from bouldering to weeklong hikes, Daybreak Shorts is a great choice. They will last forever, and after forever we kindly ask you to bring them back to us for recycling. This way we eliminate waste and can use the raw material for new products. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
- Regular fit
- Light and stretchy
- Durable ripstop fabric
- Hand pockets w zippers
- Fluorocarbon free water repellent
- 38% recycled fibers
- Fully recyclable
- Weight: 200 g
Main Fabric: Prime Ripstop™
Durable ripstop construction with mechanical stretch. This fabric has the perfect combination between air permeability and wind resistance.
- Origin: Taiwan
- 62% polyester 38% recycled polyester
- Weight: 177 g/sqm
- Mechanical stretch
- Soft hand
- DWR finish – Fluorocarbon-free
- Bluesign® certified
Size & Fit:
Felix is 188 cm / 6'0" tall and is wearing size M
Softshell or single layer shells are garments with a water repellent surface, but without a membrane.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer. Do make sure to wash your shell if it has been used in salt water or has gotten very sweaty or dirty as this weakens the performance of the garment. They can reduce the fabric’s breathability and damage the water repellent surface. The dirt can even allow for moisture to leak though the fabric.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Hang dry. Just remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the outer fabric. Use a drying cabinet, dryer or iron. Make sure you monitor the heat so the garment does not melt.
- You can reapply or enforce the water repellent treatment with a wash-in or spray when needed. Always use an organic DWR: You can find both a spray and a wash-in in the webshop or in our stores.
This product is Bluesign® certified, meaning that the production is vetted by a third party to eliminate any harmful chemicals or substances right from the beginning of the production process. This benefits both people, animals and our entire planet.
This product is fully circular, meaning that it's made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
At least 50% of the fibers in this garment come from recycled sources, either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. In addition to the impact in production, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
The fabric in this garment is fully recyclable. Instead of becoming waste, the raw material can be used for new products. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
About Houdini Sportswear
Ski, climb, hike and explore the wild with minimal environmental impact
Houdini is a Swedish brand founded by mountaineer Lotta Giornofelice, a pioneer in the production of responsible outdoor clothing. The team of Houdini have spent the last 25 years creating sustainable alternatives for the sportswear.
The Houdini design team is an odd band of scientists, artists and adventurers united by a passion for solving the challenges of sustainability in the clothing industry. The team creates technical, minimalist outdoor apparel that let you experience the wonders of the world without causing harm.
Every garment in the collection is made from 100% either recycled, recyclable, renewable or biodegradable materials. Circular products, made from recycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but Houdini needs your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to Weekendbee and we’ll recycle it back to Houdini’s production.
Shipping and Returns
FREE DELIVERY TO EU FOR ORDERS OVER 119 €
Weekendbee online store offers fast global shipping with DHL.
Shipping cost Europe: Fast 1-3 day delivery is FREE for orders over 119 €. For orders under 119 € shipping cost is 9,90€.
Shipping cost USA & Canada, Mexico, Russia: 20€
Shipping cost Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore: 29,90€
International shipments are delivered with DHL Express.
Check all shipping costs
30 day return policy
You have a possibility to return or exchange your order within 30 days of receiving the order.
- Returns and exchanges in Finland are free
- Product returns from Europe are 9,90€
- Outside Europe you are responsible for the shipping fee of the returns
We would kindly want to remind of the environmental impact caused by logistics thus we aim to avoid unnecessary returns. We are happy to help you to choose the suitable product for you.
Read more details on returns.