Komrads APL Low Sneaker
A sneaker for which no natural raw materials needed to be harvested and which is entirely made of recycled and reused materials. Without compromising on comfort or design.
Officially PETA-approved. Designed in Belgium, and carefully produced in Portugal (EU).
- Removable insole: recycled plant-based carbon.
- Vegan: Officially PETA-approved.
- Designed in Belgium, produced in Portugal.
A sneaker made of recycled and reused materials.
- Upper: vegan apple leather. Apple leather is made of apple waste (peels & cores). An ecological and vegan alternative to leather. 55% apple waste, 40% synthetic resin, 5% PU.
- PU. Sole: 100% recycled rubber.
- Lining & Laces: recycled cotton & plastic bottles.
- Insole: removable insole made from flexible recycled carbon. Carbon is a plant-based supermaterial that has absorbing properties.
- 100% recycled rubber.
The apple eco leather is produced in Italy using waste from the apple juice industry. Every year this industry leaves behind a significant amount of waste. This waste, consisting of apple peels and cores, is developed into a new raw material: an ecological alternative to animal leather. Moreover, apple leather is a cellulose-based material with as much as 55% of recycled apple fiber. In short, it’s a durable, bio-based and high-quality alternative to leather with a low environmental impact.
- 10 liters of water, 93% of liters saved
- 2.85 kg CO2 eq, 62% of kg CO2 eq saved
- 1.54 g PO4 eq, 87% g of PO4 eq saved
- 0.08 kg of waste
- Best social & ethical initiatives
- 77 estimated people behind with safe work & better livelihoods
- +51 estimated processes from design to sale in a product ethically traded
- Best traceability initiatives
- 4.455 estimated km behind committed to sustainability
- GUARANTEES declared for environmental and ethical efficiency
Komrads commits making a promise to create a sneaker with the lowest possible impact on the planet we live on.
It’s a promise to produce a sneaker made entirely of re-used and recycled materials, without having to harvest any natural recourses. A sneaker that didn’t involve killing or harming animals or chopping down rainforests and replacing them with huge rubber plantations. A sneaker that is a genuine solution to the problem, part of the circular economy.
It’s a promise to create the most sustainable and ecological sneaker, without compromising on quality, comfort and design.
Komrads uses the Apple Eco Leather, which is produced using waste from the apple juice industry. It's a versatile, durable, bio-based and high-quality alternative to leather with a low environmental impact. Their soles are made from 100% recycled rubber from car tires and other sneaker soles, and colored with biological paint. The rubber is strong and from outstanding quality.
Are you ready to wear shoes made from apples?
Free delivery and returns in EU for all orders over 50 €
Weekendbee - sustainable online store offers fast global shipping with DHL.
- Shipping cost European Union: FREE for orders over 50 €. For orders under 50 € shipping cost is 4,90€.
- Shipping cost USA & Canada, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, UK, Switzerland, Mexico, Russia, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Andorra, San Marino, Vatican City: 20€
EU Shipments are delivered with DHL Freight. International shipments are delivered with DHL Express.
30 day return policy
You have a possibility to return or exchange your order within 30 days of receiving the order.
- Returns and exchanges inside European Union are free
- Outside Europe you are responsible for the shipping fee of the returns + 20€ additional cost of handling the return
We would kindly want to remind of the environmental impact caused by logistics thus we aim to avoid unnecessary returns. We are happy to help you to choose the suitable product for you.
Read more details on returns.
Tosi kivan näköiset ja kestävän oloiset. Sovittaessani pelkäsin, että "nahka" oli liiankin napakka mutta heti ensi käyttökerralla olivat mukavat ja pehmeät. Onneksi käytin järkeäni enkä kokotaulukkoa tilauksessa; käytän yleensä kokoa 40/41 mutta taulukon mukaan olisin kokoa 39. Onneksi otin kuitenkin 40:t, ne ovat täydelliset. Ekologisuudesta ja vegaanisuudesta tietenkin suuri plussa!
Reviews from our Weekend Bee's
Best customer care I've experienced!Slovakia
Transparency and commitment to environmental issuesIreland
quality and sustainability ;)Germany
Best product selection, good pictures, best prices, fast delivery. The greatest personal customer care :DFinland
Great place to discover sustainable activewear brands, and the product reviews are very helpful too.Germany
Sustainabillity, good products, fast delivery