Houdini W's Route Shirt Dress - Recycled Polyester
Shirt dress designed for warm weather. Wear it to the beach, when you go camping or any other summer adventure. Recycled and recyclable.
The first thing to pack for any summer trip. Route Shirt Dress is a functional and simplistic dress in feather soft recycled polyester to wear to the beach, when you’re out camping or travelling. A central part of the Houdini design philosophy is making things that last. Garments that by their high quality, versatile functionality and timeless looks simply don’t need to be replaced. The Route Shirt Dress was designed to be the perfect travel companion for a summer vacation. It’s light enough to wear to the beach on a hot summer day, but tough enough to go hiking or camping in.
Route Shirt Dress is made in Wish Woven, a super light polyester fabric made from 70% recycled and 100% recyclable fibers. It has a good stretch and an incredibly soft touch against the skin. It dries in no time, making it perfect to wear on top of your swimwear. The light fabric is highly packable and it can be stowed in the side pocket.
We can recommend Route Shirt Dress if you are looking for a comfortable dress to wear for any summer adventure. It can tag along both to the mountain and the beach for many years to come.
This product is completely recyclable. Please return it to us when it’s worn out. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers. When we get it back, we can recycle the raw materials and make new clothes out of it. Nothing goes to waste!
- Relaxed fit
- Soft & stretchy
- Quick drying
- Excellent airflow
- Packable in stow pocket
- Cooling effect in hot weather
- Made from 70% recycled fibers
- Weight 186 g
Main Fabric: Wish Woven™
Super comfortable and soft fabric with quick drying and moisture management properties.
- Origin: Japan
- 70% recycled polyester 30% polyester
- Weight: 98 g/sqm
- Quick drying
- 2-way stretch
- Soft touch
- Wicking finish
- Dull face
Size & Fit:
- Relaxed fit
Base layers, everyday garments and fleece made of synthetic fabrics
When washing clothes made of synthetic fabrics, the use of a washing bag becomes even more important: It prevents microplastics from entering into rivers and oceans.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in dryer. This exposes both the garment and the environment to unnecessary wear and tear. Most polyester garments dry quickly anyway.
- Hang dry.
- This product is fully circular, meaning that it's made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
- At least 50% of the fibers in this garment come from recycled sources, either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. In addition to the impact in production, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
- The fabric in this garment is fully recyclable. Instead of becoming waste, the raw material can be used for new products. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
About Houdini Sportswear
Ski, climb, hike and explore the wild with minimal environmental impact
Houdini is a Swedish brand founded by mountaineer Lotta Giornofelice, a pioneer in the production of responsible outdoor clothing. The team of Houdini have spent the last 25 years creating sustainable alternatives for the sportswear.
The Houdini design team is an odd band of scientists, artists and adventurers united by a passion for solving the challenges of sustainability in the clothing industry. The team creates technical, minimalist outdoor apparel that let you experience the wonders of the world without causing harm.
Every garment in the collection is made from 100% either recycled, recyclable, renewable or biodegradable materials. Circular products, made from recycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but Houdini needs your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to Weekendbee and we’ll recycle it back to Houdini’s production.
|XS (CM)||S (CM)||M (CM)||L (CM)||XL (CM)|
Measurements are measured from body. Houdini sizing is true to size.
Still thinking what's the right size for you? Let us help!
Houdini uses fabrics that are recycled, recyclable, renewable, biodegradable or Bluesign certified. From the Spring 2021 100% of their fabrics fulfill this promise. Houdini doesn’t use harmful chemicals in their production and they have reached the Bluesign chemical standards. They encourage the longevity of their products by offering a repair service, and when the garment is totally worn out, you can return it to them for recycling, or for example compost it if it’s biodegradable.
Manufacturing at Houdini mainly takes place at selected and specialized European manufacturing partners in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. Their fabrics are sourced mainly from Japan, Taiwan and Italy. Houdini is following buying practices that enable living wages and good labour conditions, such as long-term relations with factories, and concentrating production at a limited number of factories
Houdini has the goal to use 100% renewable energy by 2030. They already manufacture all their products from recycled and recyclable or renewable and naturally biodegradable fibers, and work to integrate regenerative materials such as waste from land, ocean or air turned into resource has been initiated.
Read more about Houdini's sustainability.
Free delivery and returns in EU for all orders over 119 €
Weekendbee - sustainable online store offers fast global shipping with DHL.
- Shipping cost European Union: FREE for orders over 119 €. For orders under 119 € shipping cost is 4,90€.
- Shipping cost Norway, United Kingdom, Switzerland 19,90 €
- Shipping cost Canada, Mexico, United States, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong SAR, Switzerland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Andorra, San Marino, Vatican City: 30€
- Other countries worldwide 50€ - Delivery costs will be confirmed at the checkout after you have chosen a payment and delivery method
EU Shipments are delivered with DHL Freight & FedEx. International shipments are delivered with DHL Express.
30 day return policy
You have a possibility to return or exchange your order within 30 days of receiving the order.
- Returns and exchanges inside European Union are free
- Outside Europe you are responsible for the shipping fee of the returns + 20€ additional cost of handling the return
We would kindly want to remind of the environmental impact caused by logistics thus we aim to avoid unnecessary returns. We are happy to help you to choose the suitable product for you.
Read more details on returns.
Reviews from our customers
Weekendbee provides the best customer care I've experienced!Slovakia
I love Weekendbee's transparency and commitment to environmental issuesIreland
Quality and sustainability ;)Germany
Best product selection, good pictures, best prices, fast delivery. The greatest personal customer care :DFinland
Weekendbee is a great place to discover sustainable activewear brands, and the product reviews are very helpful too.Germany
Sustainabillity, good products, fast delivery