Houdini W's Out And About Shirt - Soft Merino Wool and Tencel
Timeless and versatile shirt in merino wool and Tencel. The light wool fabric is suitable for outdoor activities in all climates and weather.
Timeless looks and versatile functionality, that’s the foundation of the Houdini design philosophy. They want to create garments that can be used for any type of activity and will keep you company many years to come. Out And About Shirts is a great example of this.
The garment is made in Cham Treemerino, a 49% merino wool and 51% Tencel blend. The wool is from Australia (mulesing free) and the Tencel is EU Ecolabel from Austria. This fabric will provide good insulation but also has a cool touch if worn next to the skin on a hot day. Tencel also provides great moisture wicking.
Houdini Out And About Shirt is a great choice if you’re looking for a versatile shirt for adventure all year round. Works perfectly for hiking, insulation under a shell jacket or simply as an everyday garment.
- Regular Fit
- Great next-to-skin comfort
- Softer than plain merino
- Natural moisture management
- 51%Tencel, 49% Merino wool 18.9µm
- Mulesing free merino wool from Australia
- Tencel® from Austria with EU Ecolabel
- Renewable and biodegradable fibers
- Weight: 188 g/sqm
- Made in Portugal
- Weight 325 g
Cham TreeMerino™ This light chambray material in Merino wool and Tencel® mix gives you superior comfort and softness. The natural properties of the materials provide a light and cooling comfort for hot days with superior moisture management, but still keeps you warm when it gets chilly.
- Origin: Taiwan
- 51% Lyocell Tencel® 49% merino wool 18.9µm
- Weight: 188 g/sqm
- Mulesing free merino wool from Australia, lyocell Tencel® from Lenzing in Austria (with EU Ecolabel)
- Natural vapor and moisture management
- Softer than plain merino
- Next-to-skin comfort
- Light and soft material
- Naturally odor free
- Made from renewable and biodegradable fibers
Size & Fit:
Madeleine is 172 cm / 5’8” tall and is wearing size M
Wool material Wool is a fantastic material with natural bacterial and dirt resistance. Therefore, wool does not need to be washed after every use. Frequent washing has a negative effect on the wool’s properties and unnecessarily wears down the garment. Instead, air your wool garments to reduce your water usage, save energy and make your garments last longer
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine gentle wash max 30 °C/86 °F (cold), preferably with a wool program.
- If you can, use wool detergents. Otherwise use mild, environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose. Select a detergent that has a neutral pH and no enzymes.
- Avoid bleach and alkaline substances that raise the pH value. Also avoid enzymes such as protease or amylase since these can break down wool, which give this material its natural performance properties. This also applies to silk.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in tumble dryer.
- Shape the garment after washing and lay flat to dry.
- Iron on low heat.
This product is fully circular, meaning that it's made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where the earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, Houdini wants to close the loop and reuse the material they already have. But they need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to Weekendbee to be recycled.
The fabric in this product is fully biodegradable. Thanks to the fact that Houdini never mixes our natural fibers with synthetics and doesn't use harmful chemicals, you can put the fabric in compost and nature will transform the fabric into fertile soil. Trimmings like care labels, zippers, seams etc have to be removed and can often be recycled separately. If you don't have your own compost, you can return the worn-out garment to Weekendbee.
The fibers in this garment come from 100% renewable sources like wool or cellulose. Houdini only uses natural fibers that are produced in environmentally and ethically responsible sources. Houdini uses both natural and synthetic fibers, they both have their merits, but Houdini never mixes them to ensure a circular product. This means that the fabrics from all Houdini products in natural fibers are fully biodegradable.
The fabric in this garment is fully recyclable. Instead of becoming waste, raw material can be used for new products. Houdini's goal is that by 2030, they will take no raw material to their products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from recycled and recyclable materials are a real game-changer, but they need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to Weekendbee.
About Houdini Sportswear
Ski, climb, hike and explore the wild with minimal environmental impact
Houdini is a Swedish brand founded by mountaineer Lotta Giornofelice, a pioneer in the production of responsible outdoor clothing. The team of Houdini have spent the last 25 years creating sustainable alternatives for the sportswear.
The Houdini design team is an odd band of scientists, artists and adventurers united by a passion for solving the challenges of sustainability in the clothing industry. The team creates technical, minimalist outdoor apparel that let you experience the wonders of the world without causing harm.
Every garment in the collection is made from 100% either recycled, recyclable, renewable or biodegradable materials. Circular products, made from recycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but Houdini needs your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to Weekendbee and we’ll recycle it back to Houdini’s production.
Shipping and Returns
FREE DELIVERY TO EU FOR ORDERS OVER 119 €
Weekendbee online store offers fast global shipping with DHL.
Shipping cost Europe: Fast 1-3 day delivery is FREE for orders over 119 €. For orders under 119 € shipping cost is 9,90€.
Shipping cost USA & Canada, Mexico, Russia: 20€
Shipping cost Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore: 29,90€
International shipments are delivered with DHL Express.
Check all shipping costs
30 day return policy
You have a possibility to return or exchange your order within 30 days of receiving the order.
- Returns and exchanges in Finland are free
- Product returns from Europe are 9,90€
- Outside Europe you are responsible for the shipping fee of the returns
We would kindly want to remind of the environmental impact caused by logistics thus we aim to avoid unnecessary returns. We are happy to help you to choose the suitable product for you.
Read more details on returns.