High stretch fleece jacket with cellulose fiber - fighting against microplastics in the world’s oceans
The first VAUDE fleece jacket with biodegradable microparticles, it is truly versatile and can be worn as a thermal mid layer. On a ski tour, a winter hike, a snowshoe tour or just as your go-to jacket for comfortable living, it’ll keep you warm and comfortable while offering full freedom of movement.
The innovative fleece material inside (a first for outdoor brands — VAUDE-manufactured from TENCEL® fiber) ensures cozy comfort. The fiber is obtained from wood cellulose in a highly resource-conserving process. Microfibers that can be shed from the inner surface of the fleece during the washing process and enter the global water cycle are fully biodegradable in seawater. The soft material is superbly comfortable against your skin, very breathable and transports moisture outward.
In the shoulders and upper arms, a lightweight recycled polyamide outer fabric serves as weather protection and prevents abrasion when you’re carrying a pack. Thumb loops and cuffs ensure a perfect fit and prevent the cold from seeping in. They are also made from recycled materials: Econyl®, a material made from post-consumer products such as recycled fishing nets.
Additional features include two side zip pockets and an adjustable lower hem for optimum comfort. All zips are made of EcoPaXX®, a biobased plastic that’s made with 70 % castor oil to conserve resources. The jacket pairs well with the other products of the VAUDE Green Shape Core Collection.
Main fabric: 60% Lyocell (Tencel), 25% Polyamide (recycled), 10% Polyester, 5% Elastane; Contrast fabric: 85% Polyamide (recycled), 15% Elastane.
- high stretch, material-hybrid
- warm, breathable, odor-resistant, partially water-resistant
- eco-friendly production
- Length (in size medium): 66 cm
- Weight: 501 g
- Vaude Green Shape product. Read more about VAUDE Green Info below.
- Wood-based TENCEL® fiber. TENCEL® is a fiber made 100% from a renewable resource – wood cellulose.
- Recycled polyamide, ECONYL®, a yarn made from nylon waste such as, carpet fluff and fishing nets included those abandoned in the seas (ghost nets) that are collected from the world’s oceans.
Materials & Technologies