Houdini Unisex Alto Neck Gaiter - Soft merino wool and Tencel
Neck warmer in an all natural merino wool and Tencel blend. Warm, light and cozy.
Alto Neck Gaiter has many functions. Wear it with your everyday coat as a tube scarf. Pull it over your face on those really cold days in the ski slopes. Wear it with a windbreaker when you're out running on a cold winter day.
Alto Neck Gaiter is made in a fabric called Woolly Treemerino™, a Swedish made warm, stretchy and lightweight fabric in 60% merino wool and 40% Tencel®. Merino wool provides a natural warmth while the tencel fiber is made from cellulose, which gives the fabric structure and better moisture transmission.
Houdini never blends natural and synthetic fibers. The result of that is a garment that is both biodegradable and recyclable. Houdini believes that the resources that they use are borrowed from nature and it is their responsibility to make sure the materials can be brought back. The raw materials are valuable and can be used again through recycling or composting. Bring it back to a Weekendbee to be recycled.
- Soft, stretchy and warm
- Great next-to-skin comfort
- Highly breathable
- Made from 60% merino wool 19,3 µm and 40% Tencel®
- Mulesing free wool from Australia and South Africa
- EU Ecolabel Tencel® made in Austria
- Renewable, biodegradable and recyclable
- Weight: 62 g
- Made in Latvia
Woolly TreeMerino Warm, fluffy and soft merino wool fleece made only with natural fibers.
- Origin: Sweden
- 60% merino wool 20µ, 40% lyocell Tencel®
- Weight: 360 g/sqm
- Mulesing free merino wool from Australia and South Africa
- Lyocell Tencel® from Lenzing in Austria (with EU Ecolabel)
- Wool and cellulosic based renewable fibers
- Moisture wicking
- Great next-to-skin comfort
- Naturally odor resistant
- Made from renewable and biodegradable fibers
Wool is a fantastic material with natural bacterial and dirt resistance. Therefore, wool does not need to be washed after every use. Frequent washing has a negative effect on the wool’s properties and unnecessarily wears down the garment. Instead, air your wool garments to reduce your water usage, save energy and make your garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine gentle wash at max 40 °C/104 °F, preferably with a wool program.
- If you can, use wool detergents. Otherwise use mild, environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose. Select a detergent that has a neutral pH and no enzymes.
- Avoid bleach and alkaline substances that raise the pH value. Also avoid enzymes such as protease or amylase since these can break down wool, which give this material its natural performance properties. This also applies to silk.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in tumble dryer.
- Shape the garment after washing and lay flat to dry.
- Iron on low heat.
This product is fully circular, meaning that it's made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where the earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, Houdini wants to close the loop and reuse the material they already have. But they need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to Weekendbee to be recycled.
The fabric in this product is fully biodegradable. Thanks to the fact that Houdini never mixes our natural fibers with synthetics and doesn't use harmful chemicals, you can put the fabric in compost and nature will transform the fabric into fertile soil. Trimmings like care labels, zippers, seams etc have to be removed and can often be recycled separately. If you don't have your own compost, you can return the worn-out garment to Weekendbee.
The fibers in this garment come from 100% renewable sources like wool or cellulose. Houdini only uses natural fibers that are produced in environmentally and ethically responsible sources. Houdini uses both natural and synthetic fibers, they both have their merits, but Houdini never mixes them to ensure a circular product. This means that the fabrics from all Houdini products in natural fibers are fully biodegradable.
The fabric in this garment is fully recyclable. Instead of becoming waste, raw material can be used for new products. Houdini's goal is that by 2030, they will take no raw material to their products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from recycled and recyclable materials are a real game-changer, but they need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to Weekendbee.
Shipping and Returns
FREE DELIVERY TO EU FOR ORDERS OVER 119 €
Weekendbee online store offers fast global shipping with DHL.
Shipping cost Europe: Fast 1-3 day delivery is FREE for orders over 119 €. For orders under 119 € shipping cost is 9,90€.
Shipping cost USA & Canada, Mexico, Russia: 20€
Shipping cost Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore: 29,90€
International shipments are delivered with DHL Express.
Check all shipping costs
30 day return policy
You have a possibility to return or exchange your order within 30 days of receiving the order.
- Returns and exchanges in Finland are free
- Product returns from Europe are 9,90€
- Outside Europe you are responsible for the shipping fee of the returns
We would kindly want to remind of the environmental impact caused by logistics thus we aim to avoid unnecessary returns. We are happy to help you to choose the suitable product for you.
Read more details on returns.