Houdini W's Stride Skirt
Functional skirt made for any summer adventure. The light and quick drying fabric in combination with great packability makes it a great travel buddy.
Light and cool as an ocean breeze. Stride Skirt is the perfect garment for hot summer days. It is light, soft, stretchy and dries quickly. The packable material and stow pocket makes it perfect to bring in your beach bag or backpack when you are on the go.
The Wish Woven fabric is highly functional and provides ultimate cool comfort on hot summer days. It’s soft, stretchy and light. It’s the same fabric that we use in trail running shorts, which makes the Stride Skirt a lot more functional than what you might think at a first glance. It’s designed for activities, with slits in the sides for full freedom of movement. The skirt has two zippered side pockets that can also be used as stow pockets.
Perfect to wear to the beach but also to wear on a hot summer hike. The packable fabric makes it an excellent travel buddy. Stride Skirt is the perfect match if you are looking for a functional and highly versatile skirt for any summer adventure. A little warning though: Once you put it on, you will have a hard time changing back into anything else.
- Regular fit
- Quick drying
- Excellent airflow
- Cool feeling in hot weather
- Hidden elastic at waist
- Slit at side for better movement
- Side pockets
- Stowable in side pocket
- Made from 70% recycled and fully recyclable polyester
- Weight women's medium: 116 g
- Fabric produced in Japan
- Garment produced in Portugal
Light, soft and stretchy fabric that dries quickly and has great breathability. The perfect material choice for warm weather or hot, humid climates.
- Origin: Japan
- 70% recycled polyester 30% polyester
- Weight: 98 g/sqm
- Quick drying
- 2-way stretch
- Soft touch
- Wicking finish
- Dull face
When washing clothes made of synthetic fabrics, the use of a washing bag becomes even more important: It prevents microplastics from entering into rivers and oceans.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash, max 40 °C/104 °F.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Tumble dry on low heat.
- Iron on low heat.
- This product is Bluesign® certified, meaning that the production is vetted by a third party to eliminate any harmful chemicals or substances right from the beginning of the production process. This benefits both people, animals and our entire planet.
- The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
- At least 50% of the fibers in this garment come from recycled sources, either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. In addition to the impact in production, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
- The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
About Houdini Sportswear
Ski, climb, hike and explore the wild with minimal environmental impact
Houdini is a Swedish brand founded by mountaineer Lotta Giornofelice, a pioneer in the production of responsible outdoor clothing. The team of Houdini have spent the last 25 years creating sustainable alternatives for the sportswear.
The Houdini design team is an odd band of scientists, artists and adventurers united by a passion for solving the challenges of sustainability in the clothing industry. The team creates technical, minimalist outdoor apparel that let you experience the wonders of the world without causing harm.
Every garment in the collection is made from 100% either recycled, recyclable, renewable or biodegradable materials. Circular products, made from recycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but Houdini needs your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to Weekendbee and we’ll recycle it back to Houdini’s production.
Measurements are measured from body. Houdini sizing is true to size.
Still thinking what's the right size for you? Let us help!
Houdini uses fabrics that are recycled, recyclable, renewable, biodegradable or Bluesign certified. From the Spring 2021 100% of their fabrics fulfill this promise. Houdini doesn’t use harmful chemicals in their production and they have reached the Bluesign chemical standards. They encourage the longevity of their products by offering a repair service, and when the garment is totally worn out, you can return it to them for recycling, or for example compost it if it’s biodegradable.
Manufacturing at Houdini mainly takes place at selected and specialized European manufacturing partners in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. Their fabrics are sourced mainly from Japan, Taiwan and Italy. Houdini is following buying practices that enable living wages and good labour conditions, such as long-term relations with factories, and concentrating production at a limited number of factories
Houdini has the goal to use 100% renewable energy by 2030. They already manufacture all their products from recycled and recyclable or renewable and naturally biodegradable fibers, and work to integrate regenerative materials such as waste from land, ocean or air turned into resource has been initiated.
Read more about Houdini's sustainability.
Free delivery and returns in EU for all orders over 119 €
Weekendbee - sustainable online store offers fast global shipping with DHL.
- Shipping cost European Union: FREE for orders over 119 €. For orders under 119 € shipping cost is 4,90€.
- Shipping cost Canada, Mexico, United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong SAR, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Andorra, San Marino, Vatican City: 30€
- Other countries worldwide 50€ - Delivery costs will be confirmed at the checkout after you have chosen a payment and delivery method
EU Shipments are delivered with DHL Freight & FedEx. International shipments are delivered with DHL Express.
30 day return policy
You have a possibility to return or exchange your order within 30 days of receiving the order.
- Returns and exchanges inside European Union are free
- Outside Europe you are responsible for the shipping fee of the returns + 20€ additional cost of handling the return
We would kindly want to remind of the environmental impact caused by logistics thus we aim to avoid unnecessary returns. We are happy to help you to choose the suitable product for you.
Read more details on returns.
Reviews from our Weekend Bee's
Best customer care I've experienced!Slovakia
Transparency and commitment to environmental issuesIreland
quality and sustainability ;)Germany
Best product selection, good pictures, best prices, fast delivery. The greatest personal customer care :DFinland
Great place to discover sustainable activewear brands, and the product reviews are very helpful too.Germany
Sustainabillity, good products, fast delivery