Houdini W's Mono Air Houdi
Light and durable hooded fleece jacket for women. Features an innovative fabric construction that prevent microfiber shedding and is made with recycled and recyclable fibers.
- Regular fit
- Great warmth-to-weight ratio
- 4-way stretch
- Extended sleeves with thumb loops
- 2-way front zipper
- Zippered side pockets and inside stash pockets
- Adjustable hood and bottom hem
- Sheds 80% less microfibers compared to conventional fleece
- Made from recycled and recyclable fibers
- Bluesign® certified fabric
- Fabric produced in USA
- Garment produced in Latvia
- Weight men's large: 580 g
Winner of both ISPO Award Gold and OR Innovation Award, Mono Air Houdi is an innovation both in terms of performance and sustainability. The Mono Air fabric is specifically designed to combat plastic waste. It sheds 80% less microfibers compared to conventional fleece and is made from recycled and recyclable materials. A fleece that is both anti-shedding and circular is nothing less than groundbreaking. When you feel the warmth on a cold ski tour in the backcountry, when you snuggle up during a coffee break at the climbing crag, you should also feel the comfort of contributing to a world without waste.
In a conventional fleece, the cut-off fibers that create the fuzzy structure are exposed and can therefore shed from the garment during wash or when you use it. In Mono Air, endlessly long and lofty fibers are knitted into small pockets between a face and back fabric. The pockets trap warm air from your body to create insulation and at the same time protect the insulating fibers from escaping. The face of the fabric is reinforced with a hardface treatment that prevent pilling and snagging. The result is a smooth and strong fabric that will keep you warm and endure years of hard use.
Men's Mono Air Houdi is a lightweight insulation garment for four season use. The light, stretchy and durable fabric works perfectly as an outer layer or as insulation underneath a ski jacket or a winter coat. Mono Air Houdi has been field tested for ski touring, rock climbing, alpine trekking, and many other demanding adventures. The knitted face fabric takes the worst edge of the wind but is still highly breathable. The high collar, snug hood and thumb loops create extra comfort and a sense of being sheltered. Mono Air Houdi is designed to be as versatile as possible. Treat it well and it will become a lifelong companion.
Please don’t throw away this garment when it’s worn out. Mono Air Houdi is made from recycled and recyclable fibers.
Polartec® Power Air Light
A new light fabric construction where fibers that trap warm air is encapsulated in small pockets. This creates a wonderfully warm and breathable fleece jacket that shed a fraction of the microplastic compared to a normal fleece. Light, durable and warming.
- Origin: USA
- Weight: 288 g/sqm
- 73% recycled polyester 27% elastrelle-polyester
- 4-way stretch
- Insulating air capsulating technology
- Bluesign® certified
Although this garment is designed to prevent micro fiber shedding, using a washing bag is still not a bad idea. A washing bag prevents unnecessary friction with other garments and protects more delicate garments. You can get a Guppyfriend from here.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine gentle wash, max 40 °C/104 °F.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in dryer. This exposes both the garment and the environment to unnecessary wear and tear. Most polyester garments dry quickly anyway.
- Hang dry.
- Do not iron.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Recycled label means that this garment contains at least 50% recycled fibers (often more, see product description). The source is either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. Besides the production impact, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
The Bluesign® Label means that the production is vetted by a third party to eliminate any harmful chemicals or substances right from the beginning of the production process. This benefits both people, animals and our entire planet.
|XS (CM)||S (CM)||M (CM)||L (CM)||XL (CM)|
Measurements are measured from body. Houdini sizing is true to size.
Still thinking what's the right size for you? Let us help!
Free delivery and returns in EU for all orders over 50 €
Weekendbee - sustainable online store offers fast global shipping with DHL.
- Shipping cost European Union: FREE for orders over 50 €. For orders under 50 € shipping cost is 4,90€.
- Shipping cost USA & Canada, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, UK, Switzerland, Mexico, Russia, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Andorra, San Marino, Vatican City: 20€
EU Shipments are delivered with DHL Freight. International shipments are delivered with DHL Express.
30 day return policy
You have a possibility to return or exchange your order within 30 days of receiving the order.
- Returns and exchanges inside European Union are free
- Outside Europe you are responsible for the shipping fee of the returns + 20€ additional cost of handling the return
We would kindly want to remind of the environmental impact caused by logistics thus we aim to avoid unnecessary returns. We are happy to help you to choose the suitable product for you.
Read more details on returns.
Reviews from our Weekend Bee's
Best customer care I've experienced!Slovakia
Transparency and commitment to environmental issuesIreland
quality and sustainability ;)Germany
Best product selection, good pictures, best prices, fast delivery. The greatest personal customer care :DFinland
Great place to discover sustainable activewear brands, and the product reviews are very helpful too.Germany
Sustainabillity, good products, fast delivery