Myssyfarmi Ahti Beanie
This is a true Fisherman’s beanie that Ahti himself would wear. In the Finnish mythology Ahti was the heroic god of the sea. The god of fishermen and seal hunters had the form of a bearded man with a gown made out of foam.
What do you the people of Pöytyä know about fishing, you must be thinking now? You live in the middle of fields and forests! Well, our Pyhäjärvi lake’s open water is the second largest water in Finland. This Myssy was photographed by Albert Romppanen on two professional fishermen, the master and his journeyman, on lake Pyhäjärvi in June 2020.
Wool is a naturally water-repellent material and our yarns contain lanolin, the natural grease of the wool, making the Ahti beanie particularly good for wet conditions.
This natural grey Kivi Ahti beanie is handmade in Pöytyä Finland from 100% organic Finnsheep wool and knitted by our Myssy Grandmas. Kivi Ahti has been named after Finnish rock - “kivi”. This grey color is certainly our best selling color of all times and suits well almost everyone.
This lingonberry red Puolukka beanie is handmade in Pöytyä Finland from 100% organic Finnsheep wool and knitted by our Myssy Grandmas.
This forest green Metsäbeanie is handmade in Pöytyä Finland from 100% organic Finnsheep wool and knitted by our Myssy Grandmas.
- 100% Organic Wool
- Small wooden Myssyfarmi-logo
- All our garments are made of 100% organic Finnsheep wool and dyed by hand here at our Farm. Wool is a natural material that keeps itself clean. The lanolin - wool’s grease - naturally repels both dirt and water, hence it is not necessary to wash your Myssy garments. You can freshen up your garment by airing it out. However, if your Myssy product does get dirty or stretches out, it can be carefully hand-washed or machine-washed with a high-quality wool program. The garment should be dried ﬂat and shaped while still wet. This way the product will recover its original appearance. Note: Myssy products cannot be washed in regular low-temperature washing machine programs. Only a high-quality wool program is acceptable for washing your Myssy, this way the water temperature is increased in proper increments, and the garment won’t get felted.
- Organic Wool
- Life Time Warranty
Shipping and Returns
FREE DELIVERY TO EU FOR ORDERS OVER 119 €
Weekendbee online store offers fast global shipping with DHL.
Shipping cost Europe: Fast 1-3 day delivery is FREE for orders over 119 €. For orders under 119 € shipping cost is 9,90€.
Shipping cost USA & Canada, Mexico, Russia: 20€
Shipping cost Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore: 29,90€
International shipments are delivered with DHL Express.
Check all shipping costs
30 day return policy
You have a possibility to return or exchange your order within 30 days of receiving the order.
- Returns and exchanges in Finland are free
- Product returns from Europe are 9,90€
- Outside Europe you are responsible for the shipping fee of the returns
We would kindly want to remind of the environmental impact caused by logistics thus we aim to avoid unnecessary returns. We are happy to help you to choose the suitable product for you.
Read more details on returns.